(see more details in our other Alaska blog posts)
5/25/13 - 6/1/13 65 °F
==Top 20 Reasons to Visit Alaska ==
If you want more details about places to go/things to see, check out our other Alaska blog posts!
It’s a place where:
1. Bald eagles are more common than New York City pigeons
2. You can feel like you’re on National Geographic while you listen to and watch huge chunks of glaciers calve off into the water (see the boat below for scale)
3. You must be weary of a moose who may try to kick you in the head!
4. Learn fun facts like Caribou and Reindeer are the same animal (reindeer are domesticated)
5. The bears are huge and like to eat dandelions when they first wake up from hibernation. . but don’t be fooled, they would definitely eat you—not just make a mess of your garbage like in Jersey!
6. You can see humpback whales take 3-5 breaths before showing off their tail fluke
7. Seals lazily float around on ice floes
8. You can be the low man on the totem pole
9. Gorgeous blue-eyed husky puppies are training for the Iditarod race not just running around Central Park retrieving balls
10. Seeing beautiful vistas can become annoying
11. You can sit in a jacuzzi surrounded by glacier capped mountains
12. You may see a porcupine, after all, where else are you going to see one?
13. You can eat King Crab so fresh, you’re practically on the Deadliest Catch!
14. You might see a lynx yawn!
15. A friendly man may let you play with his pet ferret (for real)
16. A mama otter with her baby might come floating right by you
17. The goats live so high up on the mountains that they look like tiny white dots
18. It’s almost impossible not to see a porpoise,dolphin, otter or whale every time you look out onto the water
19. You could get into a staring contest with an owl—and lose!
20. You can port into cute little towns with less year-round residents than staff on a typical cruiseship